Thursday 7 February 2013

Man flu

Fucking hate getting ill! Apparently a lot of people got the bug last week so I became part of the statistics. I don't want to keep going on about my flu but it was odd that I didn't have any cold symptoms, only tiredness and upset stomach which prevented me from eating properly for ages and I'm still not eating as much now as before the MAN flu.

I went back to swimming training last night. And the lesson learnt was DON'T do sprints in your first hour back in the pool after being off for more than a week. Bloody CRAMPS! I can still feel the bugger in my calves today. Not good.


No I did not catch it from the pool. People get put off by dirty swimming pools but the disinfecting chemicals, whether it's chlorine or ozone, make it almost impossible to pass bugs between swimmers. But out of the pool, there are other risks. If there is one advice I could give, don't walk barefoot around the pool area or in changing rooms!

No comments: