Monday 21 January 2013

Mr Hot Dad

There is a fairly regular turnover at my office with the placement students, people relocating, opportunities and so on. Like in most medium size offices.

A week ago, this new guy started working at a desk about twenty feet away from mine and I couldn't stop stealing peeks at him. He is about my height, very good looking with rusty brown hair, a medium weight overall beard and likes wearing stripy shirts - to make him look slimmer I'm guessing. He has the chest depth of a body builder's and his stomach does not stick out, but I know it's not a six-pack under that shirt because he has just returned from paternity sabbatical! I guess that's why he seems really friendly.

Last Friday as I was packing up, out of nowhere, he said bye to me when he walked past. Then today, he actually introduced himself! Well, he spoke to my boss first who was sitting next to me; and he thought I might be working with them on a project. Of course I acted like all chilled out and cool, resisting the urge to put my hand on the back of his neck and pull myself toward his lips. I had no idea about this project but MAN I wanted to work with him. Or for him.

(...or on him.)


No comments: