Sunday 21 April 2013

Distractions

We have been training with a few of the swimmers from the local university club for a few weeks now. Basically they are having difficulties running their own training sessions so someone invited them to join us. I had no problem with that - they are a good bunch, no attitude, train hard. There are some level 9.5 hot guys too. Like today, there was this guy who looked like he just walked out of a magazine, with mesmerising eyes, golden-brown skin, sexy lips, and the perfectly defined body - a tad more meat than underwear models (who starve themselves to show the six-pack which is not unhealthy at all).



But this is also the problem. In the beginning when I first started with this club, I thought about the possibility of getting it on with other hot swimmers. But now I just want to train properly, get better, beat my time. These eye candies (one of which is also gay as I have learnt today) are distracting me from pushing myself as hard as I can. The truth is I get distracted easily - it was a miracle I managed to get a degree from one of the most sadistic universities in the world. But how could I resist when he got a cramp and had to get out of the water to pull his ankle back (while laying on his side). Even when his hair was wet he looked like a high definition still from a Hollywood photoshoot.

I am not blaming anyone but it is starting to annoy me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same problem I had a few years back....a friend told me that It's ok to glance but dont stare... stay focused man :-)

PR8 said...

I think we all do that to certain extent like in the gym, changing room, on the bus, in the tube etc. So don't be too "hard" to yourself :)