Wednesday 5 June 2013

It's not exactly Da Vinci code, is it

I was in bed with Rob the other night. My skin against his and with every breath, chest rising and falling rhythmically but slowly, as I fell asleep.



*  *  *

I was with an older guy. His face did not remind me of any particular person I knew. We had been together for a while. But the problem was, quite frankly, that I didn't find him attractive anymore for some reason. It wasn't a conscious decision to be seeking out faults or to turn cold. I wasn't seeing somebody else. Just the way it had turned out. I felt bad because he obviously still liked me a lot and I didn't know how to tell him. I could not stay with someone I had no feelings for, but I had no idea how to get away either. It felt heavy. I didn't want to hurt anyone. What do I do?

*  *  *

My eyes reacted to the morning light seeping through the curtains and I was awake. Took a few seconds to remember where I was, and who I was with. But I felt relieved and snuggled up against Rob.

Don't get me wrong. We are both still single.

No comments: